Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Town Where I Live

Do you ever think about where you live?  I love where I live but I know I don't appreciate it enough.  One day last week I rode to the falls where I spent some time looking at this.  I live 10 minutes from this.  These falls are falling all the time - right now the water is running over the rocks and crashing down to the creek below.  I can reach back to that moment - to the beauty of what is there now anytime.  It is there for me always.  Every summer I drive up north with my two kids and we marvel at what beauty exists in our state.  We are quiet as we drive through rock tunnels and hills that end in views that bring tears to our eyes.  There is one point in our drive when the lake ahead of us looks like it is above us - hanging in the sky in front of us.  It is at that moment that we are together loving the world.  Plus - no bugs in the car.

No comments: