Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Daughter

She got new glasses today.  One thing I love about M (there are many) is that she doesn't give a hoot what others think about her.  These glasses are straight out of 1981 and they are darling and so is she.  She is often trying to explain to me the pain of not being able to see.  She has worn contacts for about 6 years or so and I'm always on her case about wearing them to bed (which is bad for her eyes!).  And she says that the reason she wears them to bed is that she is blind without them, so we got her glasses to ease the bed time blindness.  The other thing I love about M is her independence and willingness to figure stuff out.  She always finds a job, gets her classes changed, talks to her counselor with little or no help from me.  Sometimes I have to remind myself she's really just a kid and she might want to feel little for a while longer.  Notice the tilt of the head.  She's got it down.  M recently got a picture of her grandmother from about 55 years ago and she had the exact same tilt - even in the same direction.  We're all the same.

No comments: