Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Car Accident

The Sunday after school was out, Sally Jo crashed into me.  She was turning right which is generally allowed unless there is a car on your right already.  She bashed into me and then seemed kind of peeved.  I practiced my calm breathing and then imagined stabbing her.  It worked!  After lots of phone calls and a week of driving a PT Cruiser rental (TRUE!) - I got my car back all shiny smooth and clean.  Sally Jo's insurance coughed it up.  

The thing that bothered me the most was the moment right after the impact.  It was one of those things that was obviously the fault of the "other" and I looked over at her thinking she would be looking all alarmed and apologetic but instead she was looking angry and ticked off.  Well, Sally Jo, you were in the wrong and I have my sweet little car back.  My only pain was driving the PT Cruiser for a week.  Do people actually buy those cars off the lot?  It's like driving a joke for a car.

No comments: