Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008


My sister M and her husband J are always doing up a great Thanksgiving meal. I like to spend my time with them in the kitchen before dinner, helping out when possible and trying to keep track of my wine glass. It seemed a little calmer this year and I'm not sure why. The meal was excellent. I realized that I usually sit in exactly the same seat for Thanksgiving at my sister's house. We've had Thanksgiving there for about the last 5 years and I always sit in the same spot. Now that I think of it everyone sits in the same spot. What's with that?

Here are some things I'm thankful for.

1) my two healthy funny children
2) being born in this time and place
3) my sisters, brothers, and parents
4) my boyfriend
4) my friends
5) a job I love
6) my students who make me feel alive
7) humor
8) ideas
9) cupcakes with lots of frosting
10) floss


THE COMPACT
http://groups.msn.com/MNCompact

Is it really possible? Okay - so last year about the time I started this blog I really wanted to try to not buy anything new for a year. I failed at it. But I did buy less. Now I'm ready to try again - to take it more seriously and really really try. Who needs stuff? I have all I need. Even though at Target it seems like I don't have all I need. I really do have all I need and no, I don't need that cute rug or lamp or whatever it is. Gifts? I will sew and bake and regift. Sew, bake, and regift. I think food is okay. No more stuff.

I'm a little disappointed with the cupcake poll.

No comments: