Thursday, September 18, 2008

Smile on Your Brother

Don't you think we should all smile on one another more? It seems like a simple thing to move the world along a little bit in a happier direction. So try it today, smile on someone. Force yourself to do it. You will be amazed at the results.

I never used to look at drivers. You know, when I am driving in my car I just sort of see the car as a "being" and never really bothered to look at the person. Lately, I've been looking at the person and smiling. Mostly I get smiles back. I smile on my bike and at the grocery store. Sometimes I try to smile while waiting in line (that's difficult for me).

Last spring I read a lovely book, The Encyclopedia of Ordinary Life. It's by Amy Krouse Rozenthal. The book is filled with sweetness. I sent her an email after I read it and she responded very kindly. Yesterday, she sent me this link for a new project. Take a look and pass it on and please smile on your brother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QVQSZA9zSk

No comments: