Sunday, September 7, 2008

All By Myself

Okay, so it's not so bad being on my own, having no one to cook for and clean up after.  There are some positives.  I'm not sure what they are right off the top of my head.  I'm cleaning up the basement now.  The basement is what I refer to as the "dorm room dungeon".  For the past year or so I've just given up.  I spend very little time down there except for laundry and an occasional pizza delivery.  So today I cleaned out J's room and came upon some nice little surprises.  My outside trash can is full and I filled two bags of stuff to go to ARC.  Then I needed to move the couch which is also a hide-a-bed.  That's a funny word.  I called my sister who has three strapping boys.  No answer.  I called my other sister who has a strong husband . . . nothing.  Then I called my 72 year-old-dad.  My mom answered and I told her my plan, she said, "I don't think he should be doing that."  Of course my dad heard my mom and he was over in about 3 minutes.  I have the knees of an 80 year old (that's what my doctor says with a sad kind of look) and my dad has the mind and soul of a 30 year old, but he's 72.  So we haul it up the stairs laughing a little and getting stuck, but we do it.  It feels good to get the gross couch out of the house and to feel like both of us probably did a little more than we should have physically, but we did it.  I've got go ice my knees now.

No comments: