Sunday, October 12, 2008

Politics in My Yard

On Saturday morning I woke up to a bright beautiful fall day and noticed that someone had removed my three yard signs. One of the signs was an anti-war sign, one was a plea to get people to vote yes to the school referendum and the third sign was in support of our next president. What's with that? I was at first very angry and felt that of course, people of that "ilk" would do something like that. I mean that ilk is filled with stupid destructive childish people. But then of course I realized that my rage was getting me down to the same level as them. So, I made some cookies and got a new yard sign. I wonder if they felt good taking down my signs. I hope so because then the signs did more good than I thought. I wonder if they thought that taking down my signs would make people stop thinking about the war and the schools and our new president? Are they afraid of me and my signs or my ideas? Or are they just some pranksters? I am still a bit miffed. It seems like this election is extra emotional and heated. People are afraid to hope for something different. It's all I think about and dream of. I can't wait!

No comments: