Sunday, June 29, 2008

More Cake Please

Today was my nephew A's high school graduation party. Yesterday was my niece C's party. Three kids start college this fall. Two going to Wisconsin schools, one going to Minnesota. The best thing about these parties has been by far the cake. In the month of June I was inundated with cakes. There were retirement cakes, graduation cakes, end-of-year cakes, thank you cakes, I'm sorry cakes, we-have-some-left-over-cake cakes. It was cake everyday. So, I decided to start counting the number of cake days I could string out. I got to 12 and then there was a lull. Of all of the 12 days of cake, I think I only purchased my own cake once or twice. My favorite day was the day I ate four pieces of cake in one day and three of the cakes were different cakes. It was incredible. Now, I'm starting over. Today is cake day two (I had cake at C's party yesterday and A's party today) and tomorrow I'm having lunch at a place called, Cupcake, so it will be cake day three. So far all the cakes have been white or chocolate. That's perfect because any kind of weird cake would just put me over the edge. Just stick with the basics when it comes to cake and everyone will be happy.

No comments: