Monday, June 2, 2008

Grownups

What do you do when the grownups start acting like children? I'm at a loss. I wonder if I should just call it - "you're acting like a small child." or "Why don't you do what you're asked to do?" or "How about you just do your job?" Sometimes I think we should have a sign in the office that lists the requirements for working there. #1) Come to work on time every day. #2) Do your job every day. It seems so simple and obvious and yet it is not the norm where I work. Then I get to thinking, why don't people do their job? Two reasons. First, they don't want to. Second, they are unable to. Both reasons suck it up. If your reason is that you don't want to, I suggest you find a job that you want to to. If your reason sis that you are unable to do your job, either get trained so you can do your job or find a job that you are able to do. It is maddening.

Today was gloomy and warm. I rode home in the rain. There are two loon couples I see on my ride. On my way in I see the first couple near the shore of Calhoun and on the way home there is another couple at Harriet. It is sweetness. They are close together probably getting breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening. They give me hope for some reason. Here they are two beautiful creatures in the middle of the city living a perfectly lovely life. I get to enjoy them every day. Thank you for that.

So in the midst of all of my ranting about people not doing their jobs. Really, who cares. Those loons will be there whether or not everyone shows up to work and I can count on them to give me a little joy every day.

No comments: