Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday

My first blog. For a Tuesday I'd say this was average. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a five. I noticed that throughout the day I often think of clever things I might write for a story to be published in say The New Yorker or on a popular blog. But here I am now looking at this daunting empty white screen and all I can think of is the dullness of the day. How to capture the coolness of it?

I spent some time in a training class with educators. I left feeling uplifted and proud that I am a member of that profession. How does one save that feeling and take it out in the midst of a difficulty? How can I reframe the crap I deal with every day and lift myself to the light and joy and challenge of the work?

Hang around people like Iverson and Kopicus and Blue and see the beauty in the energy of adolescence.

No comments: