Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday

I am off to see the world of Wisconsin colleges with my daughter. Road trips are thrilling - there's the snacks, the map reading, the watching for signs, the 20 questions in the car, and the gas station bathroom.

Yesterday I went for a 2 hour canoe ride with some urban 8th graders. They laughed and paddled their way down the St. Croix. How is that trip down the river the same as my road trip with my daughter? There will be times when we are going in circles and worried about getting lost. But there is joy and hope in going with th current and trusting that around the next corner will be another beautiful sight to see or maybe it will be the landing for our final destination.

On a road trip would you rather have too many snacks or too few?

No comments: