Sunday, August 28, 2016

We All Do Better When We All Do Better

This weekend was the weekend to get ready for the first day of school with my new class of third and fourth graders. I feel anxious and this feeling is a familiar feeling. Every year the days and moments before that first day are filled with hope, excitement, worry, preoccupation, and wonder. Then they arrive and it's pure joy mixed with frenzy. This year my hope is to slow down enough to enjoy and SEE EVERY CHILD EVERY DAY. I want them to feel like I see them for exactly the wonderful people they are. There are so many friends I have in this profession who have helped me feel seen and heard and I am forever grateful to them. Susan, Jon, Sonja, Jim, Claudia, Herm, Sandi, Bill, Wendy, Patty, Paula, Sharon Patti, Sarah, Anne, Kristen, Patrick, Allison, Naomi, Sylvia, Natalie, Denise, Amy, Tara, Bridget, Nancy, Deborah. So may more. Thank you all. I see you.

No comments: