Sunday, January 11, 2009

Is It Really A Good Idea to Live Here?

I think living in Minnesota is sort of like childbirth. It's extremely painful, but astonishingly wonderful. I'm cold from about October to April. I'm freezing at this moment even though I am wearing long underwear and two layers on top of that, I have the heat cranked, and a space heater blowing on my legs.

In May and June we forget about all this pain and revel in the beauty of Minnesota spring. I can't wait to forget this January. Brrr.

2 comments:

Snag said...

To answer your question, it's a horrible, hellish, awful idea.

Anonymous said...

Martha, I just got home from being in Mpls this past weekend, staying at Jim and Margaret's. Margaret is always cold too! And fearful of the cold. Perhaps it's that you Spriggs women are in such great shape, with low body fat, that explains this? Enjoying your blog,

Mary Hanneman Cochrane