Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A New Year

Always maintain a joyful mind. Try the mantra. Today I practiced this mantra. About 50% of the time I wake up angry or glum. Today I woke and said the mantra. It helped me to read it and say it several times. As I went through my day I forced my mind back to the words. At one time in the day someone said to me, "You seem different today - so joyful, what's up?" Isn't that cool?

My teenage kids and I went to the MLK concert at my church on Sunday. I sang in the choir with G and it was quite fun and moving. My kids went reluctantly. They ARE teenagers. But later that day when I was using the computer I saw that my son had downloaded a song from iTunes that he had heard at the concert. Happiness.

Life is filled with sweetness. Look for it. Let it in.

1 comment:

Ivy said...

Anne Frank:

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

She obviously lived through a better time than this winter in Minnesota.- too cold for that outdoors nonsense.